5 things I’ve done that 10-15 years ago, I never imagined doing:
1. A Safari – a real African safari in Africa, not a visit to African Lion Safari in Cambridge, Ontario. Once you do the real thing, you’ll never want to visit a zoo, it will never compare.
2. Swim in a waterfall – In, under, or on top – check, check, check. The most dangerous and exciting was swimming at the edge of Victoria Falls, devil’s pool in Zambia.
3. Shark cage diving – Off the coast of Gansbaai, South Africa, seeing great white sharks that close? Never thought it was possible!
4. Sleep in the desert under the stars - Camping on the red sands of Wadi Rum, in Jordan under the stars with the Bedouin, feels a million miles away from home, but still feels like home around some of the warmest and most honest people you’ll ever meet.
5. Zipline through the jungle – Ziplining is popping up everywhere. The absolute best place to do try it is still in Costa Rica, zipping through and over the canopy trees in the rainforest, breathtaking.
5 more things I would love to do:
1. See the northern lights – I tell The Husband, “Let’s see how far we can drive north!” and he doesn’t want to pay for gas.
2. Hike the Inca Trail – I get tired walking up the stairs. I get tired walking down the stairs. I need to train for this. Or, maybe I need to take the train instead of walk.
3. Go on an Alaskan cruise – This just seems so much cooler than a Caribbean cruise.
4. Hang gliding in Rio – It doesn’t look scary…?!
5. Sleep in a little hut over the water – Can you ever justify spending $1000 for one night’s stay?
Life is either a great adventure or nothing – Helen Keller